Fresh Hop All Grain Pale Ale Recipe
At the end of the brew day, I knew I wanted 5 gallons at 1.053 SG and knew I needed to make extra beer to account for the ‘sponge effect’ of fresh wet hops. I ended up adding 10% to the recipe. I mentioned in the video that the gap wasn’t set correctly on the grain mill but I’m not so sure about that now, my efficiency actually seemed okay on this beer but it was terrible on an IPA I did the same weekend.
- 10 lbs 3.9 oz Pale Malt (2 Row)
- 1 lb 7.1 oz Munich Malt
- 4.8 oz Crystal Malt 10L
- 4.8 oz Crystal Malt 20L
- ~8 oz Cascade/Chinook wet hops for 60 mins
- ~8 oz Cascade/Chinook wet hops for 15 mins
- 1.0 oz Citra at flameout
- 0.35 oz Willamette dry hop 4 days
- 0.65 oz Simcoe dry hop 4 days
- S05 Yeast
- Fermcap S
Mash at 154 F for 1 hour.